- ADA compliance lawsuits are on the rise and are now targeting small business owners.
- Compliance guidelines for ADA is currently difficult and legally in a bit of limbo, but that hasn’t stopped the incredible growth of lawsuits climbing 177% between 2017 and 2018.
- Businesses that are sued could end up paying $2,000 to $20,000.
- Legal recommendations from the Department of Justice are to follow a technical specifications guide that is 19,000+ words in length and in itself difficult for many business owners to understand.
- Becoming compliant can help SEO efforts as well as helping local disabled customers.