Yelp’s recent local economic report reveals a significant increase over the past year for diverse businesses in the United States.
Diverse businesses are defined by Yelp as women-owned, Black-owned, Latinx-owned, or Asian-owned establishments. Yelp allows businesses to add these attributes to their establishment.
Yelp’s latest report aims to explain and measure the impact the pandemic has had on customer behavior and interest in different businesses. Over the past year (February 2020 – February 2021), searches for diverse businesses have grown by 2930% according to Yelp’s economic report. More specifically:
- Searches on Yelp for women-owned businesses have increased by 264%
- Searches on Yelp for Latinx-owned businesses have increased by 4077%
- Searches on Yelp Black-owned businesses have increased by 3085%
- Searches on Yelp Asian-owned businesses have increased by 130%
Along with this report, Yelp has introduced an “Asian-owned” attribute along with its already available attributes for women, Latinx, and Black-owned businesses. To add one of these attributes to your Yelp page do the following steps:
- Log in to your Yelp for Business
- Go to Amenities and click Add or Edit
- Select “Yes” next to the relevant attributes
- Click “Save Changes” and you’re done!